The Grampian Transport Museum has often published the story of the arrival of what is thought to be the second motor car in Scotland, in 1896.
It was purchased by Dr P. E. Howie of Strathdon and was a German Daimler that was previously owned by F.R. Simms, the ‘Father of the British motor industry’. Fortunately the training session given to Dr Howie in Alford Main Street at the dawn of the motoring era was photographed which in itself was notable.
Now GTM wants to tell the story as part of a new introduction to the museum. To do this properly a good copy of the Dr Howie photograph is needed that can be enlarged to be included in a photo mural.
The museum is hoping to track down a good copy or preferably an original photographic print or glass plate negative.
Does anyone out there recognise this image?