Culter ease past Banks O’ Dee

Culter continued their fine run of form with a comfortable win over Banks O’Dee.

On Spain Park’s new artificial pitch it was the away team who seem to adjust best.

McWilliams fed in Stott on the wing and his cross across the goal was just missed by the outstretched McAllister.

McBain then took advantage of a mistake in the home defence and squared the ball to McWilliam whose shot was blocked on the line by Winton.

Youngson floated in a free kick that was flicked on by Wilson and again McAllister just failed to connect in front of goal.

Grieg sent over a dangerous corner that Keith headed back across goal and just past the post and at the other end McWilliam played in McAllister and his lob beat the keeper but drifted just wide of the goal.

On 33 minutes Culter went one up and the spies for Spartans, who Culter will face in the second round of the Scottish Cup, must have been impressed.

McWilliam flicked a long ball into the path of George McBAIN and the on form striker produced a great first time lob that give the keeper no chance.

Two minutes later Youngson danced his way into the box and the ball fell to McWilliam, who was floored by Russell.

Ryan STOTT stepped up to take the penalty and sent the goalkeeper the wrong way from twelve yards.

Minutes later the away defence were caught napping and Allan’s cross found Greig eight yards out but Sim brilliantly blocked his effort on the line.

McKimmie replaced McWilliam as the Culter onslaught continued and Youngson was next to test the keeper who tipped his 25 yard free kick over the bar.

Just when the Dee thought it could not get any worse it did when Lepowski was red carded for a second bookable offence.

In the 67th minute the home team were thrown a lifeline when the referee decided to award a controversial penalty.

Gray stepped up to take the spot kick only to see his shot saved by the diving Farquhar who then gathered at the second attempt.

Culter introduced Shaw and his first touch was to head over from close range after Sim had raced the length of the park before crossing.

The points were in the bag on 73 minutes when Shaw passed to Ryan STOTT and the flying winger drove his shot into the net via the post.

George McBAIN completed the scoring on 80 mins, chesting down the ball from Youngson’s pass before producing a sublime finish that give Robertson in the home goal no chance.