Culter hit Fraserburgh for six

Despite frost overnight there was never a doubt about this Superleague fixture going ahead. And it burst into life in the opening seconds as McBain rounded away keeper Gatt only to fire the ball into the side netting.

Shand went on a great run and played the ball wide to Leith, the winger cut inside only to see his effort blocked by Innes.

Gibb’s free kick into the home box was headed goalwards by Innes but Brown on the goal line coolly chested the ball down before volleying to safety.

Culter went one up in the 13th minute, Leith rode a tackle before firing a great cross across goal that was tapped in by George McBAIN at the back post.

Culter were playing some neat football and Wilson’s 25 yard free kick just cleared the crossbar.

However it was all square on 26th minute, Duffy’s poor kick found Gibb who squared the ball to Fraser WATT who drove the ball past the home keeper.

Straight from the restart McBain fired in a cross that was flicked over Gatt by McAllsiter but kicked off the line by Innes though many thought it had crossed the line.

Culter were soon back in front when McAllister squared the ball to George McBAIN who thumped the ball high into the net from ten yards in the 36th minute.

Moments later McBain had a great chance for his hat trick, the striker was upended in the box and after dusting himself down stepped up to hammer the penalty high over the bar.

The Broch went straight into attack and Duffy was quick off his line to deny Gibb while at the other end Gatt palmed away Youngson’s stinging shot.

In the 64th minute Culter were awarded another penalty, this time Shand was tripped as he made his way into the box and up stepped Jamie McALLISTER to open his account.

Gibb again tested Duffy with the home keeper saving at the second attempt and Jamie McAllister somehow hit the post from close range when latching onto Taylor’s deflected shot.

McAllister lobbed the ball wide and then blasted the ball off of Gatt’s legs seconds later but from the resultant corner the striker was not to be denied. Youngson’ corner was met by Jamie McALLISTER who sent a great header into the net in the 80th minute.

Robertson sent in a terrific diagonal pass which found Ross McWILLIAM who let the ball bounce before hammering the ball past Gatt in the 84th minute.

A minute later and Youngson’s though ball found Jamie McALLSITER who dispatched the ball past Gatt for his hat trick.

The overworked Gatt then pulled off a great save at the death to deny McAllister after a great low cross by Darren McAllister.

The win keeps Culter at the top of the Superleague table, six points ahead of Hermes who have played two games less.