Culter into last 8

editorial image

Culter booked a quarter-final meeting with holders Banks O’ Dee after dominating their North Regional Cup second round clash with Sunnybank last weekend.

Only some smart goalkeeping from the away goalkeeper and a number of missed chances in front of goal kept the score down in single figures.

Culter attacked from the start and McAllister squared the ball to George McBAIN in the 3rd minute for the winger to slip the ball though the keepers legs.

Only a minute later McKimmie was through on goal but the keeper was well off his line to save. The ball, however, broke to Ross McWILLIAM 30 yards out, who sent a delightful lob high over the away defence and into the empty net.

With 13 minutes gone it was 3-0 as McKimmie cut the ball back to Jamie McALLISTER who touched the ball past his marker before thumping the ball home.

In the 19th minute McBain danced his way into the box and cut the to Ross McWILLIAM whose low shot went though a rack of legs before ending up in the net.

Five minutes later and McAllister side stepped a couple of defenders before being upended in the box and the referee pointed straight to the penalty spot. McALLISTER dusted himself off and drove the ball home from 12 yards.

McIntosh in the home goal was at last called into action in the 29th minute when he got down well to deny Whtye’s 16 yard drive and grab the rebound as Culter went into the break with a 5-0 lead.

At the start of the second half McWilliam made a great run to the byline and cut the ball back to McBain who somehow blasted over from inside the six yard box, then minutes later Knowles made a great one handed save to deny McKimmie’s 20 yard free kick.

Youngson played the ball to Sim on 63 minutes and his cross was headed home by Lewis McKIMMIE.

Sunnybank were reduced to ten men when Steve Thomson received his second yellow card.

With the away team firmly on the back foot, McWilliam skipped past two players before seeing his rocket of a shot shake the crossbar.

McKimmie then went past the Bunnybank defenders with ease and chipped the ball to McWilliam who shot past the post from a great position.

McAllister laid the ball off to Sim and his cross was again met by the head of Lewis McKIMMIE who give the keeper no chance from 12 yards on 85 minutes. Seconds later and a rare right foot 20 yard shot from Robertson cannoned back off the post with the keeper well beaten. Sunnybank scored a consolation goal in the 87 minute when Andrew WHYTE did well to work his way into the box before sending a low drive into the net.