Culter knock seven past Thistle

Culter closed the gap on teams at the top of the Superleague with a resounding 7-0 victory over Forres Thistle on at Crombie Park.

The Deesiders made four changes to the team that knocked out Banks o’ Dee on penalties in the Dominos Pizza North Regional Cup and Forres did well to keep the score at seven with the woodwork taking a right hammering. McBain whipped in a free kick to the back post that found Mountford who headed wide. Jamie McAllister then turned McKinnon inside out before blasting a shot just wide.

McArthur’s mazy run into the box was cut short after being tripped by McIvor and Jamie McALLISTER stepped up to thump the ball home from the penalty spot.

Darren McAllister then replaced McKimmie on 24 minutes after the striker pulled up while closing in on goal.

Mountford again headed wide as the one way traffic continued.

On 37 minutes Culter doubled their lead. McBain’s deep cross found Mountford whose header crashed off the post but landed to Lee MURRAY whose first time shot made it’s way into the net via the crossbar.

Only a minute later Murray sent McBain though on goal but his 20 yard shot rebounded back off the post.

George McBAIN was finally on the scoresheet  in the 45th minute, the striker received a pass from Robertson and his shot flashed across goal and settled in the far corner of the net.

Culter continued to pile on the pressure and McBain should have scored when though on goal but his hurried shot sailed over the bar.

On 50 minutes Chris MOUNTFORD collected a pass from Jamie McAllister and cut inside McKinnon before drilling the ball into the top corner of the net.

Forres should have pulled one back on 59 minutes when Fraser latched onto McArthur’s short pass back but he fluffed his shot into the arms of Farquhar.

Darren McAllister homed in on goal only to see his powerful shot canon back off the Forres crossbar.

It was Mountford’s turn to go though one-on-one with the away goalkeeper only for his shot to crash off the crossbar.

Comeback player Craik blasted over before McBain hit another shot off the crossbar and to safety.

The Forres defence failed to clear Darren McAllister’s cross in the 75th minute and George McBAIN pounced to poke the ball home.

McBain then crossed for the inrushing Mountford who just failed to hit the target.

In a rare Forres attack Fraser went on a run into the box but his cross across goal found no takers.

On 84 minute Mountford headed the ball to George McBAIN who chipped the ball over the grounded keeper.

With the referee checking his watch, Darren McAllister out paced Davidson and his low cross found Chris MOUNTFORD eight yards out who took one touch before sending a terrific shot into the top corner of the net to complete the scoring.

This weekend Culter host Lewis United at Crombie Park in the Superleague before the visit of Broughty Athletic the following week in the quarter-final of the GA Engineering Inter Regional Cup.