Culter progress after win over Cruden Bay

editorial image

A comfortable away win in the Preliminary Round of the North Regional Cup completed a good week for The Deesiders.

With Longside awaiting the winners, Culter went straight into attack and after good wing play by McBain his cross found McKimmie whose shot was blocked on the line by the backside of Watson.

However on 7 minutes Youngson floated in a corner which the home side failed to clear and Jamie McALLISTER was on hand to poke the ball over the line from close range.

Youngson and McAllister both sent powerful efforts just wide of the target before McAllister had the ball in the net only to be adjudged offside.

The Bay finally had a shot at goal but Cadger’s shot from way out failed to bother Farquhar.

Goodwin then shot into the arms of Farquhar but on 32 minutes the away side were two up.

McBain crossed for McAllister to head against the bar and the ball dropped to Lewis McKIMMIE to smash home a volley from close range.

Crosbie was booked in the 38th minute and seconds later Glennie in the home goal spilled an easy cross which fell to McAllister, the winger was then felled in the box but the referee failed to point to the spot.

With half time approaching Wilson saw his thunderous 20 yard free kick turned away for a corner by Glennie.

With only a minute gone of the second half Wilson cut the ball back to George McBAIN to thump the ball home from 12 yards to make it 3-0 to Culter.

Farquhar’s attempted clearance hit Lynch and the ball rebounded back across the Culter goal but there were no takers.

McAllister volleyed over, Wilson headed over and then Shaw saw his shot blocked by Glennie and Anderson as Culter stayed parked in the home half.

On 71 minutes McAllister flicked the ball to Pete SHAW who turned his marker before slipping the ball past the home keeper for the fourth.

Pete SHAW completed the scoring on 83 minutes when he took control of a Robertson pass before drilling the ball into the net.

Shaw should have completed his hat-trick in injury time, McAllister’s shot was saved and the ball landed to Shaw who blasted shot over the bar. There was still enough time for Sim to see his header cleared off the line by Watson.

Culter now face Longside at home on Saturday in the 1st round.