Culter reach last four

editorial image

Culter set up a last four tie with Banks o’Dee in the Inter Regional Trophy after a hard fought victory over Tayside’s Broughty Athletic at Crombie Park.

Broughty got off to a flying start in the 10th minute. Dailly went flying down the right wing and his low cross found LUNAN who turned his marker before firing a low shot past Farquhar.

Their lead was cancelled out in the 18th minute after some great football from the home team, Youngson sent a defence splitting pass into the path of Jamie McALLISTER who calmly slotted home the equaliser.

McAllister then cut the ball back from the byline but Shand and McWilliam both ended up in a tangle and a good chance was gone.

Mountford headed a McArthur cross wide but at the other end Allan’s deflected shot fell to Lunan who blasted wide from a great position.

Seconds later and a goalmouth scramble ended with MacLeod shooting wide when he should have scored.

Farquhar then looked on as Dailly sent a 20 yarder just wide of his right hand post.

Culter had a terrific chance in the 35th minute when Mountford passed to Youngson 12 yards out. The winger turned his marker but with only the keeper to beat shot weakly straight to him for an easy save.

Broughty went straight up the park and gained a corner in the 37th minute. Brash sent in a terrific cross that was met by the head of MYLES from close range.

Youngson went surging down the wing in the 40th minute and his cross found Jamie McALLISTER who wrestled Ogilive to the ground before poking the ball home for the second time.

With everyone heading for their half time pies Broughty’s Farquharson passed to ALAN wide of the box who sent a screamer of a shot into the net that gave Farquhar no chance.

MOUNTFORD fired over seconds into the second half but in the 49th minute he collected a Youngson pass, turned Ogilvie inside out before firing a fantastic shot into the top corner of the net for 3-3.

Kelly denied Garrick and then McArthur cleared off the line from Allan.

Farquhar saved with his leg to deny Burns and then saved at the second attempt to again deny Lunan.

Farquhar once again had his hands warmed by a 18 yard Allan shot as Culter held on.

Jamie McAllister squared for Darren McAllister to slot home only for the linesman to surprisingly flag for offside in the 86th minute.

But the despair turned to joy in the last minute, Allan YOUNGSON collected a Jamie McAllister pass before sending an unstoppable shot into the top corner from 20 yards to the delight of the Culter team and supporters.

Culter: Farquhar, McArthur, Robertson, Kelly, Seivwright, Shand, J. McAllister, Wilson, Mountford, McWilliam, Youngson. Subs: D. McAllister, Craik, Murray, Donald, Sim and McIntosh.