Echt forced to come from behind to earn a point against Kincorth

When the dust had settled on an entertaining all action 90mins both sides had to settle for probably what neither really wanted - a share of the spoils - but on reflection a point apiece was about right.

By The Newsroom
Tuesday, 14th August 2012, 1:04 pm

From the first whistle the game was played at a furious pace and Gordon Kessock made a vital early stop to deny Kincorth’s Sulkevicius a 5th minute opener but the visitors hit the front 60 seconds later when Livingstone delivered a cross that flew high over Kessack and found the net.

Stung by the goal, Echt responded in positive fashion and were denied a strong penalty claim in 9 minutes when Jamie Wood was felled in working his way goalwards along the left byline.

A through ball by Lawrence sent Wood scurrying free on the left to deliver a low cross that only needed a touch but it was a Kincorth foot that cut out the iminent threat with two Echt attackers in close attendence.

After the break, Echt won three corners in quick succession. The first two saw the powerful Aberdein desperately unlucky not to equalise. The third delivered from the left side by Macleod was powered into the net by a textbook Presslie header with three second half minsute on the clock.

Echt were now in full flow and Kincorth were being forced to defend in numbers to try and stem the march towards Robertson’s goal.

Robertson did well to get a Philip Craig strike that took a wicked deflection off a defender’s boot onto his crossbar and over.

In 65 minutes a forward surge and lay off by MacLeod saw Aberdein fire goalwards, his attempt was blocked and Wood on the left fired an angular drive high over when perhaps a ball back accross goals would of been more productive.

Hesitancy in the part of Robertson saw him concede possession to Craig, who laid off to Presslie but he stabbed wide a glorious chance.

The match was marred by an accidental collision between an Echt player and Kincorth central defender Colin Smith just as referee Mike Harrow was about to blow for full time, a 50/50 challenge which left the visiting player with a broken leg. Everyone connected with Echt AFC wishes Colin, a full and speedy recovery.