Feughs win!

Halliburton travelled from Donside to Deeside for the league meeting with table topping Feughside at Finzean.

Halliburton started brightly and had the first half chance in 4 mins. S.Jaques firing in a low shot that was blocked away for a corner.

After 5 however it was the home side that opened the scoring. Route one with a big hump up the park which saw the ball unchallenged by Halli. It fell perfectly for Mackie who expertly lobbed Sct Marlow in the Halli goal for 1-0.

Feughside broke quickly in 15 and quickly moved down the left, Halliburton failing to match the runs. The ball was sent in and Mackie nipped in in front of Sct Marlow to claim his brace 2-0.

Mackie was terrorising the Halliburton rear-guard with menacing runs every time the home side attacked, he was at it again in 20 this time Sct Marlow in Halli’s goal only just doing enough to turn the ball away for a corner.

On the half hour Fraser in the home goal saw red, after he needlessly swung an elbow at Halli’s Young. Mathieson took over in goal and made a super diving save off R.Fulton’s penalty kick, the first of some good saves the replacement was going to make. S.Jaques raced in on the rebound but blazed it high over the top.

K.Jaques then tested Mathieson with a 45 yard rasper, the replacement keeper, passing the test with flying colours.

After the break the brothers combined when K.Jaques neatly picked out S.Jaques, Mathieson quickly off his line to smother.

In 55 K.Jaques took a square ball from Brown, jinked past his man and slid in a pass again for K.Jaques, he moved right and chipped the keeper, only for the ball to clip the far post.

In 58 Halli got a huge let off when Ellis appeared to have handled inside the box, the ref unmoved by the home support’s loud shouts.

In 65 S.Jaques produced a moment of pure skill when he superbly took a ball into him instantly under control and blasted a fierce shot goalwards only for Mathieson yet again to save well.

At the other end Sct Marlow had to be alert when he came out to win a one on one before Young picked up a second yellow which saw him walk.

It was game over in 70 as Davidson swung in a great free kick and up rose Mackie to complete a hat trick for 3-0. Simpson was out of luck again soon after when another header from him was deflected out for a corner kick.

In 90 Mutch threw a ball up the line for Gebbie who crossed to S.Jaques, he only inches away from meeting it in the air.

Deep into injury time Feughside grabbed a fourth. Halli visibly tiring well off the pace when a cross came into Davidson which he volleyed home 4.0. The hungrier side won and also a side that looked much fitter than Halli. Great display from Feughside marksman Mackie.