Frustration for Hallis

Halliburton were at home for the first time in six weeks as they took on Lads Club.

Lads Club instantly attacked but great cover work by K.Jaques saw him race back to curl the ball clear. This clearance set up Halli to break fast and R.Fulton won an early corner kick for the home side. The ball fell deep to Webster who lobbed in a cross which S.Jaques headed into the side net.

K.Jaques produced a moment only he is capable of when he mesmerised Lads full back Bisset with some sublime skills that saw him some how turn his man despite standing on the bye line. He drove down the line and delivered a deep ball which Mutch raced onto, however his weak shot was easy for keeper Deans in the Lads Club goal.

In 26 Halli had a great chance to take the lead. S.Jaques did well to get on the end of a goal kick but failed to chip the advancing Deans who go a hand to it.

Halli’s Copland pulled up with a recurring injury and was replaced by Milne in 29.

In 42 K.Jaques made ground up the left then squared to Milne who got little on his shot which rolled through to keeper Deans.

Brown was withdrawn at the break, G.Fulton on in the sweeper role and Wood moved forward to man mark in central midfield.

The second half got underway at a frantic pace as both sides looked to gain the upper hand. It was Halliburton that got the important opening goal in 50 mins. Simpson did well to move forward and win on the halfway line. He found R.Fulton who flicked on for S.Jaques. As he lined up a shot a superb challenge by Lads Clubs Hudson, saw the ball out for a corner. That was delivered but cleared back out to Mutch who slung it back across for Simpson to head home from close range for 1-0.

This lifted Halli and in 52 Milne sent a great ball up the line for Webster, he in turn hooked across a good early ball but S.Jaques, who was struggling for form today, failed to control and another good chance was gone. S.Jaques was again through but the visitors cleared.

Lads Club levelled proceedings in 55. Shambolic Halli defending saw N.McDonald try to clear only to hook the ball across the field to an opponent. Lads stormed forward under little to no pressure from Halliburton. The ball was delivered to Gilles and he drilled it low into the net 1-1.

In 74 S.Jaques miss- hit an effort that rolled wide after good lead up play from strike partner Webster. Gebbie came on for Wood in 75. He went up front with Webster back to wide right and Mutch into the middle. Gebbie did very well to win a Sct Marlow kick out but couldn’t pick out R.Fulton. In 80 Lads Calder moved up the line skinned N.McDonald then picked out Johnston, he beat Sct Marlow but G.Fulton got back to hook clear on the line.

The visitors had Wright to thank in 85 when he made a brilliant tackle on R.Fulton after a great through ball from K.Jaques. Gebbie battled wide right and managed to get S.Jaques clear, Hudson doing a good marking job to clear as it finished all square.