Travers nets double

Reflex travelled to Kinker to face Torphins, who saw the return of Allan, Geddes and Brown in the first team.

The country side should have been one nil up within the first five minutes but Smith fluffed his lines in front of goal.

Torphins kept pressing and Travers had a long drive shave the outside of the post, but finally the deadlock was broken on the 10 minute mark. Allardyce getting lots of space down the right, swung another inviting cross in, and BROWN powered a glancing header inside the far post.

With Torphins fully dominating it was soon 2-0. A D Cruickshank corner was knocked on by a reflex head, and TRAVERS was at the back post to head it into the back of the net.

Reflex were coming more and more into the game but the Phins defence stayed firm.

On 40 minutes Torphins made it 3–0. Another D Cruickshank corner was swung in from the right and captain TRAVERS rose above the rest to power a header into the roof of the net.

On the stroke of half time, Glentanar pulled a goal back. A corner from the right was met by Johnstone, who did well to get the ball away from the 6 yard box, but with the ball fell to a Reflex midfielder who slammed his effort into the far corner.

The second half was far more evenly contested. Both teams were pretty solid at the back but both had their chances to score.

Smith was replaced by Gilbert which brought a new element to the Torphins side, by holding the ball up well.

However it was Reflex who scored first in the second half. The left winger decided to try his luck from 30 yards and a left foot rocket went flying into the far top right hand corner.

On 75 minutes Torphins did regained their two goal advantage. Geddes’ long clearance caught the Reflex defence on their heels and BROWN pounced to poke the ball home.

The two goal cushion was not long lived as Reflex scored shortly after. A counter attack had the Torphins side stretched and it left the Reflex players queuing up in the box for a ball to be slipped inside. The ball was crossed and the forward placed the ball past Geddes.

On 88 minutes Torphins sealed the points. A Noble corner found GILBERT at the back post to head home for his first of the season.

Torphins: Geddes, Wright, Johnstone, D Cruickshank, Allan, Allardyce, Ewen, Mitchell, Travers, Brown, Smith. Subs: Gilbert, Noble, Simpson, Meinan.